Argumentative Essay is a formal piece of writing. It requires giving your personal opinion on a topic and demonstrating your own attitude to the problem discussed. Your opinion must be stated clearly with various viewpoints supporting the topic, accompanied by reasons and examples. An argumentative essay should also have an opposing viewpoint (the so-called cons of your topic) presented in a separate paragraph.
An Argumentative essay Should Include:
- an introductory paragraph in which you state your thesis statement (a relatively short sentence or series of sentences rendering the main idea of the essay, the one you are going to defend all text long). In this paragraph you should also present your personal opinion on the topic under consideration
- a main body which includes several paragraphs, each presenting a separate pro for your thesis statement, and one or two paragraphs presenting the unconvincing viewpoint – con of your thesis statement
- a conclusion in which you restate your opinion in other words
Useful Tips For Argumentative Essays:
- define exactly your opinion
- make a list of your arguments
- start each paragraph with a topic sentence which summarizes its plot
- write well-developed logically arranged paragraphs
- use one or more of the following techniques to begin your argumentative essay:
- address the reader directly
- start with a quotation, a rhetorical or thought-provoking question
- make reference to something unusual (idea, fact or event)
- apply one or more of the following techniques to end your argumentative essay:
- give the reader pabulum for reflection
- ask a rhetorical question
- quote some weighty opinion
Basic Do’s Of Argumentative Essay:
- formal style
- introduction states topic clearly
- clear topic sentences
- well-developed paragraphs
- linking words and phrases
Basic Don’ts Of Argumentative Essay:
- informal style
- introduction fails to state topic clearly
- irrelevant topic sentences
- emotive vocabulary
- blind use of statistics
We hope you’ll find helpful the above-mentioned ideas for writing your argumentative essay. Remember, that only being absolutely sure of what you are talking about you may persuade your reader.
Be argumentative and reap the harvest of labor!
When buying an essay on-line, remember – cheap is not always good. Stay objective and do not pay for poor services. Custom written paper is the best help for a student. Purchase your order on-line and get a quality paper! Are you ready to pay for low level paper? – no? then buy from our writing service! Free plagiarism report included.