Business Coursework Format You Should Learn and Apply in Writing
Business coursework writing assignments are mandatory in any business class. Students who fail to submit a well formatted coursework paper are bound to fail. You do not have to fail your coursework in Business just because your paper was improperly formatted. Understanding the standard writing format in Business courseworks is thus of great essence to all business students. This article shows you the writing format in business coursework.
Proper writing format for courseworks in Business begins with the title page. The general paper structure should be: the title page, introduction, body, conclusion and references. Sometimes, an abstract is written, normally before the introduction.
General Format for the title page of business coursework paper
- The title page of a business paper must contain at least the paper title, student’s name, name of the institution, instructor’s name, and date of submission.
- When formatting in the APA or Harvard style, make sure all the contents of the tile page are aligned at the center.
- APA style also requires that a running head be inserted to the left, and page number to the top right corner.
General Format for the abstract
- As you move from the GCSE to graduate level studies, you will be required to write an abstract in the proper format.
- The general format for abstracts is to place it in its own page, after the title page.
- The abstract is normally composed of between 150 to 250 words. It is written in form of a paragraph.
Formatting the intro, body and conclusion of business courseworks papers
- The introduction part briefs the reader(s) on what your paper is all about.
- The body presents the details of your coursework paper.
- Conclusion gives a summary of the key arguments brought forth in the body of your paper.
Formatting the reference page of business courseworks papers
- The reference page is where you provide list of research materials you used while writing the paper. It is not just listing, but doing it in the proper format.
- If your paper is formatted in APA or MLA style, your references must be formatted in accordance with the APA or MLA style requirements.
- If your paper is formatted in Harvard, which is the most common formatting style for business papers, format it in accordance with the Harvard requirements.