APA Research Paper Example: Top Secrets of the APA Format
If classical APA formatting and style guides make you sink to deep depths of desperation, you are not alone. Too many confusing rules and details in all of them! There must be a better solution. Look, here goes a unique APA research paper example in which you can find only what is absolutely necessary.
APA research paper: main parts
These are the main parts to include in your APA research papers (as well as any other research projects):
- title page;
- main body (introduction + literature review + materials and methods + discussion + limitations + conclusion);
- reference list;
APA research paper example: title page
Here is an example of an APA research paper title page:
|Running head: SMILIES IN INTERNET COMMUNICATION||1|
California State University
- Left alignment for the short title at the top of the page.
- Use capital letters for all words in the short title (only words in the title, not the words “running head”.)
- An Arabic figure for the page number in the right upper corner, unless your teacher asks you not to use a page number for the title page.
- Full title, your name and the name of your university in the center of the page.
APA research paper example: main body
As you have already polished your title page, you might want to see an APA sample research paper main body:
|SMILIES IN INTERNET COMMUNICATION||2|
Non-verbal means of communication play an important role in real-life and Internet conversations. Smilies are meant to convey the variety of emotional expressions that are commonly revealed through intonation, face expression and body language during real life conversations. Baron (2011) concluded that emoticons (such as smilies) and a correct use of punctuation are critical for conveying deeper meaning during electronically-mediated communication (p. 47)…
- Write the short title of your paper, but without the words “running head”, at the top of each page.
- Use Arabic figures for page numbers in the upper right corners.
APA research paper example: reference list
Last, but not least, is a sample APA research paper reference list:
|SMILIES IN INTERNET COMMUNICATION||10|
Bryson, J. (2004). What to do when stakeholders matter: Stakeholder identification and analysis techniques. Public Management Review, 6 (1), 21-53.
Creswell, J. W. (2007). Qualitative inquiry and research design: Choosing among five approaches. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
Torobin, J. (2012, January 18). Euro crisis to cost Canada $10B, BoC warns. Business News Network. Retrieved from http://www.bnn.ca/News/2012/1/18/Euro-crisis-to-cost- Canada-10B-BoC-warns-.aspx
- Preserve the short title and page number at the top.
- Order alphabetically and double space your entries.
- Indent every second and following lines of your entries.
- Do not forget to include the publisher’s location for books (including city name and state abbreviation.)
As you see, using the APA research paper format can be easy. Feel free to use these APA research paper examples to polish the different parts of your projects.